Thursday 8 November 2012

Lady Gaga Donates $1million To Sandy Victims

Lady Gaga was so touched by the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy that she pledged $1million to the American Red Cross to help with relief efforts.

The New York-born singer is known for her philanthropic efforts and had previously designed a bracelet to help with Japanese Tsunami Relief as well as launching the Born This Way Foundation in the US to help young people deal with bullying.

On her website, she wrote: 'I feel like my entire childhood is underwater. The boardwalk in Atlantic City, my old Apts in Brooklyn and LES. All the bars and friends.

'Today I pledge 1 million dollars to New York & The American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief.

'If it wasn't for NYC: the Lower Eastside, Harlem, the Bronx and Brooklyn, I would not be the woman or artist that I am today.

'New York is relentless ambition, a drive to succeed, a place where there is a natural pursuit of diversity through compassion. Please accept this gift on behalf of myself, my parents Joe and Cynthia, and my sister Natali; with our deepest gratitude New York for raising us. Thank you for helping me build my spirit. I will now help you rebuild yours. Sincerely, Lady Gaga and The Germanottas.'

That's so kind of her........

No comments:

Post a Comment