Wednesday 7 November 2012

Midwife Tina Lavender to Recieve Damehood at Buckingham Palace Today


Today at Buckingham Palace, 46-year-old midwife from Liverpool, will officially become Professor Dame Tina Lavender.

Dame Tina started at Oxford Street and Mill Lane maternity hospitals, working as a clinical midwife, delivering thousands of babies, and today her dedication and passion for the job has paid off.

I got a letter from Buckingham place, “It said I was invited to become a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire,” says the mum of two from Childwall. “I didn’t know what it meant, so I had to look it up on the internet. I still don’t think I’ve got over the shock.

“It’s a real privilege being able to help women at such an important time of their lives. Some people go into midwifery because they like delivering babies. I liked that bit too, but for me it was also about the mothers, about making sure that they were looked after and that the whole experience was as happy as it could be.”

#WomenOntheRise.....


No comments:

Post a Comment