Thursday 20 June 2013

Barack Obama Confuses George Osborne For R&B Singer 'Jeffrey'

George Osborne suffered humiliation in front of other world leaders at the G8 summit when US President Barack Obama repeatedly called him "Jeffrey" by mistake.

Mr Obama used the wrong name three times as the British Chancellor made a speech on tax avoidance, saying he agreed fully with "Jeffrey" and adding "Thanks for that, Jeffrey" at its conclusion.
The Chancellor did not correct the President. However Mr Obama, realising his error, apologised.

"I'm sorry, man. I must have confused you with my favourite R&B singer," he said.

Jeffrey Osborne was the former lead singer of 70s band L.T.D and is probably best known for his 1982 solo single 'On the Wings of Love', which peaked at No.11 in the UK charts.

Meanwhile, I went digging for Jeffrey's song after the blunder just for the viewing pleasure of those of us born after 82, and I found one, you know I will do anything for ya :-) Continue below to watch the video....


No comments:

Post a Comment